Update 1.3.0 | Endless Mode
The biggest Frostpunk DLC so far: ENDLESS MODE – AVAILABLE NOW for free!
11 bit studios is proud to announce that Frostpunk’s most awaited expansion – Endless Mode – has released on Steam, GOG.com, Humble Store, and more. As planned, and as promised in the development roadmap, the expansion is free for all owners of the base game.
In the time since it was announced, Endless Mode is the expansion we have seen the most feedback about on our forums, on Twitter, Facebook, and directly by email. In fact, while it was originally teased in the roadmap, the idea had taken hold within the community since the original launch of Frostpunk in April.
Forged over months at 11 bit studios, it now goes live and introduces two styles of endless play: ‘Serenity’ for the constructors who enjoy growing the city at their own pace without hard challenges, and ‘Endurance’ for survivalists looking to earn their stripes and see how long they’re able to live in the harsh cold world of Frostpunk. In both modes, new buildings are introduced to enrich the city’s architecture (including an Archives building that enables players to store lore and information in a single area), new sites can be discovered in the frostland, and new random events that may confront you with previously unknown challenges. Welcome to Endless Mode!
About the DLC:
- Endless playthrough
- 3 new maps
- 2 brand new game modes
- Randomized frostlands
- New Archives mechanic
- New city decorations
- Available for free
Watch the Official Endless Mode – Features Overview video here:
- Added Endless mode (features listed above)!
- People can no longer be arrested while all the wardens are busy, for example building something
- Gravely ill should head to Infirmary more timely
- Hungry or ill people on scout teams no longer make completing certain quests impossible
- Wall Drill line has now proper heating level progression
- Using RMB to move the camera no longer closes the construction panel
- Videos should no longer disappear after using Alt+Tab
- Fixed a bug with Automaton Scouts not always revealing new sites
- The economy panel now shows the correct number of free places in a Care House
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused the list of saved games to disappear from Save menu
- Automatons assigned to Charcoal Kilns are now counted towards the quest goal in The Arks
- Fixed an exploit with rebuilding the Outpost for extra Coal in The Fall of Winterhome
- Shadow rendering system optimization and quality improvements
- Other small fixes and tweaks
Watch the Official Endless Mode Dev Diary here:
Get Frostpunk on:
Don’t want to miss future updates?
Remember that’s not our last word when it comes to Frostpunk. There are more free updates coming in the future, so be sure to follow our social media channels to stay up to date: